Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Being in a fantasy world

The cinema hall was full and all seats were taken by Freaks :)
Yesterday was a very special evening for me. An event took place in the KIZ Royal Cinema in Graz and I had the opportunity to be part of it. The event was about the well-known Tv Show called "Game of Thrones". Since I'm a dedicated fan of this show I obviously couldn't skip such a great occasion. The icing on the cake was the fact that the entrance was for free. The event was organised by the Tv company "Sky". For the release of the show's third season on Sky they gave us the chance to get a preview of the first two episodes. I took two friends of mine with me and we really enjoyed it. They also played the opening song of the show and that made the whole atmosphere better. Some people were even dressed in costumes of their favourite Game of Thrones characters and I realised what a big fan base this show already has (for good reasons!).


Before the episodes were shown to us, the hosts of the evening gave the dressed up people present bags. Luckily, the other one in the cinema were also able to get one of these bags by answering a question correctly regarding the show. And so I did!! I encouraged myself and answered one question. I had to enumerate the countries in which the show was filmed. Now I'm a proud owner of a T-shirt, a mug and a poster, each with sigils of different houses. I wanted to buy them anyway, but fortunatelly I got them sooner than I thought.


I really recommend watching this Tv show as it is a phenomenal production of HBO. It basically tells a human story about intrigue, deception, family honor and betrayal. It is a drama with complex characters and it got themes run through that everyone can relate to. But they've put some magic and fantasy on top of it and that makes it so special.

No comments:

Post a Comment