Sunday, June 2, 2013

First time on a flea market

Last sunday I decided to go to a flea market with my mother. I had always wanted to see how a flea market looks like and especially what the people sell. I think it is a very personal thing to sell your own items. Through the years you collect a number of things and they somehow define your character. People give things some kind of meaning and that's the special part of a flea market. So many different people want to get rid of their stuff and it's actually very interesting to see what they posses and give meaning to. You automatically create a picture of the person's character. Anyway, I saw some really cool things there. Rummaging around I found old books, antique furniture, loads of records and some cool clothes. Most of the items were very special and unique. I don't quite understand why people are so reluctant to wear clothes from other people. Why not? If it's something very exclusive that you can't find anywhere nowadays why wouldn't you buy it? That's why washing machines are there for! :-)
However, I have to admit that some people wanted to sell their trash too. Well, it was worth a try :-)
The atmosphere was very great as all people were in search of something different and unique. I'll definitely will go to a few flea markets more often, you just never know what you can discover :-)

I extended my book collection by buying three books on the flea market. One book from 1942! is written by an Austrian author called Grillparzer. It is just about to fall to pices as it is very old. The other book is a thick one from 1944 and written by Nietzsche. It looks very dusty and really antique. The third one is a newer book written by Mario Puzo. I only spent three euro for these books. Unbelieveable! :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment