Saturday, June 22, 2013

Shocking words


"Gerry Conlon" - A man who is willing to reveal the truth about victims of miscarriages of justice by reflecting every pain he himself had to go through!
In preparation for the presentation of my culture topic I have seen many interviews of Gerry Conlon. It appears to me that he still remembers every moment of these horrible 15 years in prison. When he talks it seems that he puts himself back into prison. He recalls the exact date and time of certain situations and his face becomes extremely terrified by these memories. Have a look at these 3 interviews of him! When I saw them for the first time I almost started to cry. It's quite unbelievable that human beings are able and willing to act in such cruel ways.

He wants to raise people's awareness for Gary Critchley and Shaker Aamer who both have become victims of flawed courts. They are falsely condemned prisoners in the 21st century!

I really recommend watching these interviews as I didn't have enough time to show them to you at my presentation. I guess it's a good way to bring yourself back down to earth and realise what a blessed life we lead. 



No comments:

Post a Comment