Sunday, June 23, 2013

My topics for the KGP

Students scurrying around, the lack of enough feedback sheets and listening comprehensions and the struggle to maintain the time schedule - this is a perfect description for the culture days :-). However, the topics were well chosen and every presentation was informative.

On Wednesday I've seen these presentations:
America: Oprah Winfrey
Ireland:  The life of Irish Traveller Women, Bloody Sunday for the GAA, Gaelic and its use in Northern Ireland

On Thursday I've seen these presentations:
America: Harlem, Scientology
Ireland: Operation Demetrius, Patrick Nee, Oscar Wilde and William Yeats, the Integration of Islam in Ireland, Witchcraft in Ireland, Homophobic Bullying in Irish schools, Kilmainhaim Gaol, the Children of Lir, Gulliver's Travels and Pro-life

I was very indecisive at first concerning what topics I'll chose for the KGP. These are the ones I'd like to be questioned about in the KGP:

  1. Operation Demetrius - I'm highly interested in the happenings of Northern Ireland and its history. Furthermore, it relates to my own Culture Topic as the Guildford Four were arrested 4 years after that. 
  2. The life of Irish Traveller Women - I've never heard of "Irish Travellers" before so that's why I want to    know more about it.
  3. Kilmainhaim Gaol - I myself have been to this jail in Ireland and its story really fascinates me.
  4. Pro-life - This issue is currently very controversial and I'd like to be more aware of arguments against abortion
  5. Oscar Wilde and William Yeats - As Oscar Wilde is one of my favourite authors, I'd like to get to know more about William Yeats in connection with Oscar Wilde. 

No comments:

Post a Comment