Tuesday, March 19, 2013

B.A.N.K.S.Y

Those of you who have visited London have surely seen the murals of the streetartist Bansky!?
As far as I'm concerned, I've never been there and seen them in reality, but when I first saw the pictures in google I was overwhelmed!! Every single mural of him has a deep significance and wants us to think! They often reveal his personal opinions about politics and wants us to be aware how the society "rules" affect our lives. One theme often appears in his art work: Murals which illustrate that we're constantly observed by the government. 

Nobody really knows how Banksy looks like because he obviously wants to be anonymous. In his movie "Exit through the gift shop" (I will not write about it...now! :D) he also doesn't show his face. 

Have a look at some of his murals, they are really meaningful and great! Even so, I often question myself if the things he's illustrating are too exaggerated? Or is it really that way in our society and we simply are not aware of it as it seems normal for us? I can't answer it, but I see what he's trying to tell us and the more I think about it, the more I believe it!
 


He is one of the artists who has done a lot of work on the Israeli West Bank Barrier, you know the wall which seperates Palistianian and Israeli territory (I've already mentioned this in a blog). That's his way to express his feelings about this issue!


There are so many other great murals but I think these above have given you an idea of his art work. :-)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment