Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Becoming an independent student

Dsc00877
Being a student now is a totally different feeling for me. I knew that moving from middle school to university would be a great turning point in my life. But I didn't expect THAT much changes. The most unusual thing for me is actually the way I progress mentally. It feels like as if parts of my brain get “enlightened” to a greater extend each day. Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy about the things I experienced in the past and I wouldn't change anything. Oscar Wilde once said some wise words:

To reject one's own experiences is to arrest one's own development. To deny one's own experiences is to put a lie into the lips of one's own life. It is no less than a denial of the soul.”
-The Profundis (By the way, if you're interested in Oscar Wilde's exciting life, this book is definitely a must as it shows you his feelings through life)

It seems as if everything in the past was leading me to this moment of enlightenment, of joy! I came to a point now where I roughly know what I was searching and seeking for the whole time through - my belonging and the knowledge of my happiness.
I get to understand the real meanings of life. Not a thing in this world can replace the true love of family-members and friends :-). I have to say, materialism does make a person fortunate, but only for a short period of time. One gradually get to know that things don't fulfill desires, they only numb the person and prevent him from realizing the real worth. The following quote describes perfectly that constant buying makes you blind, it pushes you even more in an “unnatural prison” of yourself.

You think you have to want more than you need. Until you have it all, you won't be free”
- Eddie Vedder (song: “Society”)

The second most important thing I've learned during the experience of change is that going to university does mean you get independent. Teachers do not really bother if you pass an exam or not, you have to be responsible for yourself! Being independent means to try to create your own life. Do not expect your parents to finance your life during the time at university. We have to realize that we should start to get money for our own and therefore become a little more independent-It's just a good way for learning it for the future.

Do it yourself”
this should be our motivation in order to achieve our personal goals we set up :-)

Url

No comments:

Post a Comment