Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Fascinating family

In one of my paragraphs about fascinating people I've written about my host family in Ireland. I'd like you to also know something about this lovely family :-)

It was on my school trip to Ireland a few years ago. The family lived in a residential area named Dún Laoghaire, which was not too far from Dublin. The very first minutes with the lovely mother were really promising as she drove me around and showed me the picturesque parts of the district. We arrived at their house and I was friendly welcomed by the rest of the family members. We got to know each other a little more and I gradually got an insight in their lives and interesting personalities. We mainly talked about the Irish and Bosnian history, which was one of the greatest conversations I have ever had. It was really fascinating to hear each other perspective to the dark history of our countries. We all recognized the connections between our homelands as both of them suffered decades of terror. Despite the fact that the family memebers were very set in their ways, they had very open-minded views to life. And this characteristic impressed me most!

I will definitely go back to Ireland and visit these fascinating people again :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment