Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Irish people

13hours395
I didn't have that much information about Ireland and I really wasn't expecting that much of my school trip, though I knew it was going to be a "green" trip.
Our host-mother picked us up from the station and she drove us around to make sure that we know how to arrive to our school. (We got lost anyway)
Even in the beginning I noticed that the Irish are a special folk, in a positive way!
Our host-mother was really excited that both of us (Carola too) were Bosnians because she had met a Bosnian only once in her whole life. She was very open-minded and while eating her self-made scones, she introduced us to the Irish language (Which is entirely different to English and very hard to learn), her daily life and to the Irish history. 
I have to admit that this conversation was one of the most special I've ever had. Her husband was friendly as well :-) Her children made sure that we were comfortable with everything.
During our trip I met a lot of Irish people and everyone, and I'm not exaggerating, was extremly friendly to me.
I was impressed by the way they live their lives. I have the impression that the Irish do not focus that much on their career and money, they try to enjoy their lives, which I really miss here in Austria.
There's one word which acutally describes the Irish best: Sweet! :-)
Maybe it's the history that brought them closer to each other and due to that, they try to live peacefully and in harmony :-)
I'm surely going to travel to Ireland a few more times and visit my lovely host-mother :-)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment