Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Favourite Food Blog

When I was searching  through the Internet for a good food blog, I came across one which is called "bitedelite". It was created by Joanna Siemek who lives in Poland. The blog is in English but there is also an option to switch to the Polish language if you want to. Here is the link in case you want to have a brief glimpse of the blog: http://bitedelite.com 

I really like this particular blog for different reasons:

1.) The whole arrangement of the blog is very eye-catching. The use of bright colours makes reading every recipe very refreshing for the eyes. And apparently, with the colours the creator wanted to indicate that her recipes aren't just ordinary and boring, but lively and fresh. This leads me to the second point.


2.) The recipes in general are all very unique. Joanna tries to abandon doing her recipes the old-fashioned and boring way, in other words, my grandmother’s way of cooking and baking J
J. garnishes every single creation of hers with lovely and innovative decoration. I’m amazed by the fact that she pays so much attention to all the details. Here’s an example: bunny-cupcakes

3.) I'm kind of thankful that she attaches a lot of pictures to her recipes. For a seldom baker like I am it is useful to actually see how every step is being made and how it should look like. When there are no pictures I often do wrong things and the result is far away from "delicious". In the end she always takes pictures from different perspectives so that the reader can admire her creations and probably be motivated to take the cooking spoon and get to work :-)

4.) Joanna does not only post about recipes, but she also gives "Kitchen tips". These are tips which are very useful to improve cooking processes or to preserve food. 

All in all, it is without doubt a very lovely and creative food blog. It seems that she really makes an effort and gives thought to her recipes. I totally recommend trying out some of her recipes :-)

I've recently tried this one out: panna-cotta
I've always wanted to taste a self-made panna cotta and I thought it was a good occasion to do it in connection with the food blog :-)





The only thing I changed was the fruit. I had no pomegranate at home and so I took some strawberries as an alternative. 

No comments:

Post a Comment